Responsible data controller in the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR is: CGS Digital Ltd, companies house: 09084326 You can contact the data protection officer via email at: email@example.com
2. General InformationDuring the course of carrying out our business and performing our services, CGS Digital Ltd collects personal data to conduct our business, provide and market our services, and meet our legal obligations. Likewise, we may also collect personal data for other purposes, which we would describe in more detail to you at the point we collect the personal data. You may refuse to provide us with some or all of your personal data; however, this may limit the ways in which we can interact with you, including providing you with our services.
3. ContactOn our website we use several contact forms which can be used to get in contact with us electronically. To handle your request it is necessary to provide us with a valid email address. Alternatively, you may contact us via the e-mail addresses cited above (Section 1). If you use one of these channels, the personal data transmitted will be stored automatically by CGS Digital as data controller to handle our contact with you. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. In some cases we may ask you for further information, such as name, occupation, address or telephone number. Regarding the processing of this personal data you will be asked to grant your explicit consent. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR.
4. Registration on our website
If you make use of our website to register for certain services or events, or to download e-books you will be asked to provide personal data. The information inserted in the respective registration form will be transmitted to CGS Digital Ltd as data controller. The legal basis for the processing of data - which is necessary to provide you with the respective service - is Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR. Regarding the processing of further personal data you will be asked to grant your explicit consent, and the legal basis for that processing is Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR. All registration forms will be provided and managed by The Rocket Science Group LLC a company headquartered in the State of Georgia in the United States ("we," "us," "our," and "Mailchimp"). as our service provider. The personal data you provide thereby will thus be collected and stored on our behalf by Mailchimp and shared with CGS Digital Ltd. In addition, Mailchimp uses functional cookies for analytic purposes, see more details in Section 12.9. Any non EU/EEA transfer of your personal data in conjunction with the processing by Mailchimp is covered by Model Clause agreement(s). Upon your registration, your IP-address and date and time of your registration will be collected. This allows us to prevent misuse of our services. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
5. Unsolicited special categories of personal dataWe do not generally seek to collect special categories of personal data through this site. "Special categories of personal data" includes the various categories of personal information and data identified by privacy laws of United States, European and other jurisdictions as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent. These categories may include personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning sexual orientation (Art. 9 GDPR). Therefore, we advise you not to provide any unsolicited sensitive personal data. CGS Digital applies HTTPS or other appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the personal data transmitted over its website.
6. NewsletterWe may provide the opportunity to sign-up for a periodic email newsletter by entering in your email address and confirming it by clicking on a confirmation link sent to you by us by e-mail (double opt-in). The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR. In some cases we may ask you for further information, such as name, occupation, address or telephone number. Regarding the processing of this personal data you will be asked to grant your explicit consent. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR. All email addresses will be stored and managed by The Rocket Science Group LLC a company headquartered in the State of Georgia in the United States ("we," "us," "our," and "Mailchimp"). as our service provider. The personal data you provide thereby will thus be collected and stored on our behalf by Mailchimp and shared with CGS Digital Ltd.
7. BlogsOur website offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who read them. Our blog is managed by a third party application Github, which is a service of GitHub, Inc., 88 Colin P. Kelly, San Francisco, CA 94110 that may require you to register to post a comment. FFind more information about Github's privacy practices [here](https://help.github.com/en/github/site-policy/github-privacy-statement). The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6(1) (b) and (f) GDPR.
8. TestimonialsWe may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us as described in section 1.
9. Cookies (General Information)
9.1 Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a site and use its features. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided. Registered Visitor Cookie - A unique identifier given to each registered user, used to recognize you anonymously through your visit and when you return to the site.
9.2 Performance cookies
These cookies collect information so that we can analyse how our visitors use our site. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our site works.
9.3 Functional cookies
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (e.g., such as your user name or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. We may use information collected from functional cookies to identify user behaviour and to serve content based on the user profile. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or to record where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site.
9.4 Targeting cookies
In order to keep our website services relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use the site. Cookies allow web analytics services to recognise your browser or device and, for example, identify whether you have visited our website before, what you have previously viewed or clicked on, and how you found us. The information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes, and it helps us to analyse patterns of user activity and to develop a better user experience.
10. Third Party Applications
10.1 Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, www.google.com (“Google Analytics” or “Google”). Google Analytics employs cookies that are stored to your computer in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of the site. The information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to our site, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google’s location in the US and stored there.
In using Google Analytics our website employs the extension “anonymizeIp”. In doing so, Google abbreviates and thereby anonymizes your IP address before transferring it from EU/EEA member states. Google uses this information to analyze your use of our site, to compile reports for us on internet activity and to provide other services relating to our website.
Google Analytics also uses electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used.
You can find additional information on how to install the browser add-on referenced above at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
For the cases in which personal data is transferred to the US, Google has self-certified pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework).
10.2 LinkedIn Insight Tags
We use the “LinkedIn Insight Tag” of LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 W Maude Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA (“LinkedIn”) on our website. It helps us with in-depth campaign reporting and insights about our website visitors. It can also be used to track conversions, retarget website visitors, and unlock additional insights about members interacting with our ads on LinkedIn. The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of data regarding members’ visits to our website, including the URL, referrer, IP address, device and browser characteristics (User Agent), and timestamp. This data is encrypted, the IP addresses are truncated, and members’ direct identifiers are removed within seven days in order to make the data pseudonymous. This remaining, pseudonymized data is then deleted within 90 days. LinkedIn does not share personal data with us, it only provides aggregated reports about the website audience and ad performance. LinkedIn also provides retargeting for website visitors, enabling us to show personalized ads off our website by using this data, but without identifying the member. LinkedIn members can control the use of their personal data for advertising purposes through their account settings. All this in accordance with LinkedIn terms and cookie policies.
11. Social Media LinksYou can find CGS Digital Ltd Director Chris Samiullah on the following social media:
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/home)
- Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/)
- LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/feed/)
- IndieHackers (https://www.indiehackers.com/)
These providers are controllers for the relevant data processing.
14. Deletion and Term of Storage
15. Your rights as data subjectYou have the following rights:
- Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR) In principle, you have the right to receive information on the points mentioned in Art. 15 GDPR. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data in accordance with Art. 15 (3) GDPR.
- Right to rectification or erasure (Art. 16 and 17 GDPR) You have the right to have incorrect personal data corrected. In addition, you have the right to demand that your personal data is deleted if further processing is no longer necessary, if processing is unlawful or if you have withdrawn your consent.
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR) If the conditions in Art. 18 GDPR are met, you have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted, i.e. to prevent further processing for the time being.
- Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR) If the processing of your personal data is based on Art. 6 (1)e or f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing if the further requirements of Art. 21 GDPR are met.
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR) Within the limits of Art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format in order to forward it or have it forwarded to another controller. You can require this by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the location of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the applicable data protection laws and regulations.
16. Changes to the Policy